venerdì 14 maggio 2010

Konstantin Siegel



Konstantin Siegel from Daily Illustrations is our talent of the moment who cheered us up with his amazing interpretations of our latest women's collection. We decided to interview him on his works, art and seduction.

So Konstantin, tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Konstantin Siegel. I was born in Russia but I live in Germany since 1995. I'm currently enrolled at the Fashion Design department of University of Applied Sciences in Berlin.

We loved the illustrations you did for Frankie Morello. Can I ask you your favourite work up to date?
Well, each illustration has a little bit of history attached to it so it'd be really hard for me to pick up only one.

So you basically see them as your children! That's what almost all the artists say! But how did you decide doing fashion illustrations?
Since I study fashion design and do illustrations on a regular basis, it was kind of an easy decision. I just let my brush flow on the paper and there it was; my first illustration related to fashion. I do it almost everyday but then again I am not just a fashion illustrator, I do have some art work going on as well. I love it.

How would you define the concept 'talent'?
What a question! It's kind of hard to explain, I see it as an ability to see things from a different point of view, it's not something I can really define.

What about seduction? How would you define it?
I don't use it in a sexual context; seduction is when I paint and I lose myself in another world, I forget everything around me, it's a feeling that takes you away from your surroundings... It's all related to passion, I believe.

Do you believe that one can seduct with talent?
Of course! I am an artist and there's been a lot of girls that fell in love with me, so why not? I seduced them all with my talent in art! :)

Would you share one of your secrets with us?
I have no secrets.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done in your life?
I have to think about it for a minute. I think it was moving to Germany with my parents. We came here with 2 suitcases in hand and a lot of hope for a better life standard. It was a very hard decision to take for us.

If seduction was a song, which one would it be?
Sweet Lady by Tyreese.

If seduction was a place, what would it be?
Seduction is everywhere where I work.

If seduction was a person, who would it be?
My girl.

If it was a public transport?
Metro.

Could you give us a tip on seducing a person?
Just be yourself. A little charm and humor will take care of the rest!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I am where I want to be; I just want to stay where I am, doing what I love to do, with the person I love next to me until my last day.





Konstantin Siegel da Daily Illustrations è il nostro talento del momento che ci ha sorpreso con le sue rivisitazioni della nostra ultima collezione donna. Abbiamo deciso di intervistarlo riguardo le sue opere, sull'arte e sulla seduzione.

Allora Konstantin, raccontaci un po 'di te:
Mi chiamo Konstantin Siegel. Sono nato in Russia ma vivo in Germania dal 1995. Studio design presso L'Università di Scienze Applicate di Berlino.

Sono belle le illustrazioni che hai fatto per Frankie Morello. Posso chiederti la tua opera preferita?
Ogni illustrazione ha una storia a se', sarebbe veramente difficile per me sceglierne una sola.

Come tutti gli artisti vedi le tue opere come dei figli allora! Ma come mai hai deciso di specializzarti in illustrazioni di moda?
Studio design e faccio illustrazioni quasi ogni giorno, perciò era una decisione facile. Un giorno, ho lasciato che il pennello andasse sulla carta e poi ecco... c'era la mia prima illustrazione legata alla moda. Lo faccio quasi ogni giorno, ma non sono un semplice illustratore di moda, ho anche altri progetti d'arte in cantiere.

Come definiresti il concetto di 'talento'?
Che domanda! E 'un po' difficile da spiegare, io lo intendo come la capacità di vedere cose da un punto di vista diverso, non è un qualcosa che si può definire con precisione ed esattezza oggettiva.

E la 'seduzione'? Come la definiresti?
Io non la uso in un contesto sessuale; seduzione è quando dipingo e mi perdo in un altro mondo, dimentico tutto cio che ho intorno a me, è una sensazione che ti porta lontano da ciò che ti sta accanto... E 'tutto legato alla passione, credo.

Ritieni sia possibile sedurre con il talento?
Certo! Sono un artista e ci sono un sacco di ragazze che si innamorano di me, quindi perché no? Ho sedotto tutti con il mio talento artistico! :)

Vuoi condividere uno dei tuoi segreti con noi?
Non ho segreti.

Qual è la cosa più pazza che hai mai fatto nella tua vita?
Devo pensare un attimo. Credo proprio sia stato il trasferimento in Germania con i miei genitori. Siamo venuti qui con due valigie in mano e un sacco di speranza in cerca di un tenore di vita migliore. E 'stata una decisione molto difficile da prendere.

Se la seduzione fosse una canzone, quale sarebbe?
Lady Sweet di Tyreese.

Se seduzione fosse un luogo?
La seduzione è dappertutto dove lavoro.

Se seduzione fosse una persona?
La mia ragazza.

Ci puoi dare un consiglio su come sedurre una persona?
Basta essere se stessi. Poi fascino e umorismo si occuperanno del resto!

Dove ti vedi tra 5 anni?
Io sono dove voglio essere, voglio solo stare dove sono ora, facendo ciò che amo fare, con la persona che amo accanto a me fino al mio ultimo giorno.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin